A few coworkers and I launched Streetsblog.NET yesterday. The website is actually a vanilla install of WordPress working in conjunction with a vanilla install of Planet with a bunch of custom WordPress plugins. I will release the plugins when I get some time to clean them up.
Last week, The Open Planning Project premiered a new blog called Gotham Schools. As a blogging platform, we decided to give the newly released WordPress 2.6 a go. The one feature WordPress added that excited us the most was the ability to add captions to images. Soon, however, we realized that WordPress/TinyMCE strips any html that is added to a caption.
I set out to fix this, and with the help of a couple of co-workers, I think I got something that works (change set). After the jump I have an overview of the problem and how it was fixed.